Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Embroidery Machine!

Sweet Steve got me a Brother embroidery machine for Christmas! It is fancy so it will also be my birthday present this year. So worth it! I let it sit on the kitchen table for 2 or 3 weeks after it arrived because I was intimidated by it. Turns out I was worried over nothing. It is SO fun and pretty easy, too! If you forget how to do things, like wind a bobbin on it, there are little step-by-step videos on the LCD screen. I made these double pointed knitting needle pouches as my first project with the machine. I have been neglecting my regular sewing machine, as well, so it was good to put it to use.

http://kathrynivy.com/patterns/extras/needle-pouches/

I embroidered the size of the needles on each pouch. It was so fun to make something that combines so many of my crafts - embroidery, sewing, and knitting! I am kinda partial to mine because they are covered in either monkeys or polka dots. I hope someone out there gets to enjoy this pattern, too! If I actually get better about blogging I promise to take better pictures and format these entries better. That's all for now. Happy crafting!

xx,
Emsielou

No comments:

Post a Comment